Re: cross breading ????

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Monday, February 07, 2000 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: cross breading ????

Dear Friends,

I have 'done' a Urospatha from the Orinoco Delta by a Urospatha grandis from
Costa Rica BOTH WAYS, but don`t THINK a Urospatha X Crytosperma would
'take', too distantly related, I THINK!!
Alsitar Hay did C. cuspidispathum X C. becarianum some years ago, wonderful
offspring, beautiful plants.   Lots of hybrids in Anthurium, have seen some
strange ones, including birdsnest form crossed to a cordate form (I am not
'big' into this genus, but believe both belonged to the section
Pachyneurium.
Good luck Brian!!
Cheers,
Julius