Re: buying amorphophallus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: buying amorphophallus
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 12:24:11 -0600 (CST)

Zach,

You should consider that these plants, if and when they bloom, emit a terrible stench, earning the nickname of "Big Stinky". Do your parents know what you are planning? Do you have a space sufficiently isolated that you and your parents (or the plants) would not be driven from your house?

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin zone 4b where I grow many of my aroids outside.

Zach Killoy wrote:

My name is Zach Killoy.
I am 9 years old.  I live in MA.  I am interested in Aroids.
email address:   R2OT@aol.com                                          one
aroid genus i am interested  in is amorphophallus. i vvould like to get an
established collection but found that some more atractive rare species are
harder to find(a.gigas and a.pendulus) . is there anywhere that sells these 2
rare species?