Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus tuber disease& sulphur

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus tuber disease& sulphur
  • From: Rand Nicholson writserv@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:12:52 -0400

Hi Again:

Oops. Good eyes Ron. That should read "... you need to get all the _mycelia_ out of the tuber ..." , that being the vegetative part of the fungus consisting of fine threadlike hyphae that can invade good tissue and help break it down incurring further necrosis.

I noticed that you mentioned "Mycorrhizae" as the cause of the tuber rot. I
am not aware that the mycorrhizae fungus has a negative effect on tubers or
roots.  If it does, I would like to know about it.    Ron