[Aroid-l] RE: OT Strelitzia, another Question

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] RE: OT Strelitzia, another Question
  • From: "Redman, Julia" jredman@tigr.org
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:16:02 -0500

Hi everyone,

I hope no-one minds, but I too have a strelitzia question and just
didn't know who to ask.  I started a batch of Strelitzia nicolai
seedlings about a year and a half ago, and they grew very nicely for a
while but toward the end of last summer every last one of them stopped
growing, including the largest one which was repotted last summer.  At
first, I thought the largest one was unhappy with the potting mix I
provided, as it is not only not growing but also looks yellowed
slightly, but then I noticed that the younger plants were also
stagnating (but not yellow).  They aren't being grown in excessive
sunlight; they only get about 2-3 hrs a day right now, but the problem
did start in summer when they were on the back porch where they got
morning light for about 4 hrs.  I realize older plants will take much
more light, but didn't think it necessary for these young plants.

Any advice/ideas would be appreciated.
And thanks for indulging me!

Aroid-l mailing list