Re: [Aroid-l] Variegated Shinglers

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Variegated Shinglers
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:03:00 +0000

Aroiders,

As far as I remember, young Philodendron melanochrysum (syn. P. andraeanum) and young P. ornatum are true shinglers.

Best wishes,

Eduardo.

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas
Sala M-206, QS 7, Lote 1, EPTC
CEP 72030-170, Taguatinga – DF, BRAZIL.

From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:44:23 EST

Mike,

Right, youv'e got the idea. Shingling plants have leaves appressed to the
surface on which they climb. Rhaphidophora, Monstera, Pothos, Culcasia, etc.
are examples of genera with shingling habit. Not sure if Philodendron has any
species that are true shinglers though, (I guess P. hederaceum?)
Michael