[Aroid-l] light levels for Amorphophallus

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] light levels for Amorphophallus
  • From: Bryan Lampl blampl1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:12:54 -0800

Hello all.  This year I am fortunate to have allocated more than double the
space for my Amorphophallus plants.  After building the structure, I am now
questioning that using a 55% shadecloth may not be enough protection for the
foliage to avoid problems.  It appears that the plants will be exposed to
more light then they were last year.  Unfortunately,  I didn't keep any
specific data on conditions.  I will be using a light meter to determine the
light intensity within my greehouse and I am curious what is recommended as
a general rule for Amorphophallus?  I suspect I may need to add additional
shading and was hoping to get some ideas about what would be a good range to
work with.  Thanks for your imput.

Aroid-l mailing list