[Aroid-l] In need of pictures

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] In need of pictures
  • From: "snowsexotics" snowsexotics@cox.net
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:26:13 -0800

Hello All,
Some of you may know that I am in the process of putting together an informational CD for new collectors of Amorphophallus.  This CD will explain in simple terms (to the neophyte) the hard to understand language of Aroideana #19, information on the IAS and further instruction on the proper cultivation and care of individual Amorph species.  I didn't know which part of the tuber was up, or what to do with a rotted tuber when I purchased my first Amorphophallus..I explain all this and much more.  Very elementary stuff.  Very boring to you veterans.
This CD is not a replacement for the information in Aroideana #19 or the information on the IAS site.   The information will be like Amorphophallus 101....a great place to start and then proceed to the more "scientific" information on the IAS.  References to the IAS site and Aroideana #19 will be throughout the CD.
Just don't want you to think that I, the new kid on the block, am trying to trample anyone's toes.
I am in need of pictures of the following Amorphophallus; petiole, leaf and inflorescence if possible.  Any help will be appreciated and proper credit will be given on the CD.
Thank you,
A. abyssinicus
A. albispathus
A. albus