Re: [Aroid-l] P. 'S. L, Dan and Ted--a reply!

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] P. 'S. L, Dan and Ted--a reply!
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" <steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:09:40 -0600

Thanks for the support Julius.  I would like everyone to keep in mind I don't consider any responses to be "attacks", although I understand what Julius is trying to say.  To the contrary, I started this to try to find answers and that is still what I am attempting to do.  I would truly like to know what the other unidentified plants in this discussion actually might be!

I have tried to include pertinent responses from all sides of this question.  Some feel other plants have as much right to use the name Santa Leopoldina as does P. spritus-sancti.  And perhaps they do!  I just am of the opinion that since P. spiritus-sancti is of such importance, and is now so endangered, perhaps it has more of an inherited right to the name.  My responses from Brazilian Mauro Piexoto would appear to indicate just that.  Certainly, it appears to have much greater right to the name than plants that don't even come from the region where the town of that name is found is SE Brazil.

I am just very anxious for Eduardo and other qualified experts to join the comments!

Steve Lucas