[Aroid-l] A. hewetti and gigas dormancy requirements

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] A. hewetti and gigas dormancy requirements
  • From: Kirk Martin <kwmartin@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:08:16 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I have an A. hewetti and gigas that I received as 8" seedlings. They have grown to about 22-24"

In the last month the leaves on both have droopped and turned yellow so I'm wondering if they are going dormant
or if they are giving up the ghost.

They currently are in 5 gallon pots each in a peat/perlite/vermiculite 2:1:1  media
Daytime temps are: 65-85F and nighttime are 50-65F in a southern facing room.

When do they typically go dormant and how long does dormancy last (Any Northern U.S. growers out there zone 6?)

I'm watering about every 10 days now keeping the soil barely damp so hoping that is right.  Does this plant typically lose it's entire leaves?

Any advice would be helpful.

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg Massachusetts

Aroid-l mailing list