Re: OT: id this non-aroid plant?

A wonderful plant, this is Drymonia turrialvae, a typically
streamside-growing member of the Gesneriad family. Often in low light
splash zone areas, the deep purple-backed roundish leaves can get close to
the size of dinner plates - then come these clusters of white to slightly
cream-colored blooms from the upper leaf axils, held close to the square
stems. Truly a choice species.