Re: Wikipedia`s falsehoods

Interesting Hermine.  Curiously I'm now finding my own material on other websites (word for word) including Wiki!  Although I do my best to make sure my info is accurate, how in the world would anyone know it is accurate enough to just publish it word for word on an "Encyclopedia" website?  Sites in SE Asia have become very bad about "borrowing" material from all sorts of sources and reusing it without credit in the origianl form!  I've found quite a few of my pages reproduced intact minus the photos.  And sometimes they use the photos as well!  I created a moving banner of orchid photos for my orchid page (and I don't collect a lot of orchids) and found the thing in full motion form on a SE Asian orchid site!  You can scream and yell about copyright but with the internet many people will use anything they want and there is little you can do about it.  What ever happened to civility and crediting others for what anyone uses as their own work?

Steve Lucas