Von: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
Gesendet: 05.02.09 18:06:02
An: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Betreff: Re: [Aroid-l] Suspected Asian Aroid

I'd say the consensus is you are very right! Do you have a photo of

the adult plant I can use on the ExoticRainforest.com website? I'm
working on the page tonight but really could use photos of the adult
plant as well as any detail shots including an inflorescence, abaxial
blade surface, cataphylls and anything else! I'll gladly credit you
any way you like.

Thanks a bunch!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

Helmut Reisenberger wrote:Steve, I am not that expirienced as Pete,
but this looks very familiar to me. We have one huge plant in the HBV
(Vienna-University / Botanical Garden), - maybe the only one in
Europe, - and I am priveleged to cut it back each year (to make use
of the cuttings). I trade this plant commercially in different sizes (
leaf blades up to two meters - 6 ft - long and 1 meter - 3 ft- wide).
I once had wrongly identified it as Epipremnum pinnatum, which I do
know from Australian rainforests. But finally I have learned through
Peter that it only can be Raphidophora decursiva. If that is in doubt
or wrong, please let me know! Thanks! Helmut Reisenberger Vienna,
Austria -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: "ExoticRainforest" <
Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>Gesendet: 04.02.09 00:28:15 An: Discussion
of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>Betreff: [Aroid-l] Suspected Asian
Aroid Pete, if you're out there I'm going to aim this at you since I
suspect this is a SE Asian aroid. Anyone is more than welcome to
offer an ID. This cutting was given to me about a year ago but had no
tag. The blade measures 35cm or just over 1 foot and is subcoriaceous,
glossy on the upper surface and matte on the abaxial surface. The
petioles are terete (round). I'm including a photo of the stem. Any
ideas what this might be? Thanks! Steve Lucaswww.ExoticRainforest.com_

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas
n:Lucas;Steve