Re: Interest in combined plant order

  • Subject: Re: Interest in combined plant order
  • From: Jay Vannini <heloderma5@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:48:10 -0600

Marek:

'Sirih" is the mass-propagated hybrid between radicans and luxurians that occasionally masquerades as radicans x dressleri in mainstream tropical horticulture in the 'States. Not sure who is who with regard to seed/pollen parent status here, but they're ubiquitous in mixed collections of tropicals these days and were mainstream eBay fare a couple years back.

Sorry, doesn't really look ANYTHING like Anthurium clidemioides, except in being green and having bullate leaves. This latter plant remains very much restricted to the realm of "rare" plant collections, even though it is by no means uncommon in nature.