Aroid systematics

  • Subject: Aroid systematics
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:35:58 +0100

Hello,

In my site there's a page with Araceae systematics,
I think it is out of date.

Today I read a document from 2008
and I found there that the subfamily Monsteroideae is now tribes Monstereae and Spathiphylleae
within the subfamily Pothoideae.

Philodendron is not in Aroideae, but in it's own subfamily Philodendroideae (with tribes Philodendreae, Montrichardieae
and I don't know what else). Maybe Homalomeneae too?

Can anyone confirm this is true?
Where can I find an up to date systematics?

Please help,
Marek