Re: Fwd: High elevation plants

  • Subject: Re: Fwd: High elevation plants
  • From: Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:02:27 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

In the comments under one of the photos, someone asked where the clear tubes were obtained from. The response was simply that "he makes them out of macrolon". I see in the photos a vertical strip of metal with screws/bolts, perhaps he uses a flat sheet thin enough to bend and secure the opposing edges with bolts through the edges, sandwiched between the metal strips?

Now to expand on this idea and figure out how to make semi-realistic branching terracotta "trees", hollow and filled with water, covered with a diverse array of high elevation epiphytes. Thanks for sharing this intriguing idea, Brian.