Tuber shipping

While the irony was not lost on me my wife failed to see the humor in
receiving Amorphophallus tubers, including one with five inches worth of
inflorescence, the day before Valentine's day. I won't take the fun any
further than this BUT did want to let everyone know that, if appropriate
care is taken, tubers can be shipped even if coming out of dormancy. There
appears to be no mechanical or cold damage (although they will have to be
bloomed indoors as it is a bit colder here than from whence they came!).

Thanks again to the fellow lister who shared these, even if it was in
desparation at not wanting them blooming again in his basement.

Carlo
Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        Email: CABalist@facstaff.wisc.edu
P.O. Box 327
Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
U.S.A.
Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.