Re: Giant Tuber culture

I have a question for fellow cold weather aroiders. I've been mulling around
an idea for outdoor culture. I've heard some folks grumble the tubers
eventually get to a size where they can hardly be dug anymore to be brought
inside for their dormancy.

How about this:  instead of planting them in spring when the ground warms,
WHAT ABOUT putting them on TOP of the ground and THEN burying them with a
loose, well draining mixture of leaf mold and sand?--sort of a tuber
mausoleum. Then when they go dormant simply uncover, tip into a wheel barrow
or other suitable implement (if too heavy to lift) and cart indoors.

What do you think?

Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        Email:
P.O. Box 327
Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.