Re: More on Arisaema erubescens

A less-than-scientific addendum to this debate: last year I bought seeds
of A. erubescens/whatever from the Seed Guild, which, I believe, got them
from Kunming BG.  The seedlings are now in their second dormancy (just),
and I have noticed two things:

(a) they certainly did exhibit enormous variability in their first true
leaves: leaflets ranged in shape from extremely narrow to moderately broad,
and a few had lovely silver central variegation.

(b) the corms, though only around 2cm in diameter (pretty fast-developing
for seedling arisaemas), made masses of little offset corms (cormlets?) -
many on the order of 4 or 5 per parent.  Was it Roy Herold who referred
to it affectionately as the "weed of Yunnan"?

Ellen Hornig
Seneca Hill Perennials
3712 Co. Rte. 57
Oswego, NY 13126