Cultivation of Amorphophallus konjac

Hi everybody!!

I have several questions about the cultivation of my Amorphophallus konjac.
I purchased it at the end of summer last year while it was in it's leaf
stage. When the leaf died back I brought it into the house because I have no
garage or basement in which to over winter it. It now has several offsets
which I've read should be removed  while the bulb is dormant. The bulb has
never really gone dormant, so is it still okay to remove the offsets (or is
it better to just leave them)? To do that do I simply slice them off flush
with the main bulb?
Second, the bulb has a bud that is about 3/4" long, should I plant it in
normal potting soil
(it's happily sitting dry, in peat moss now) and start watering it?
And lastly, to get maximum bulb growth can anyone recommend what type of
fertilizer, if any should be used, and when it should be applied?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa Baumgartner