Re: Cultivation of Amorphophallus konjac

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cultivation of Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: Plantbob@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:56:06 -0600 (CST)

Lisa,

A. konjacs are fairly easy to grow.  You can take them out of the soil for
the winter
months if you wish.  As soon as the bud tip starts to grow and turn pinkish
in
color, plant it in a good potting soil and feed with Peters 20-20-20.  The
offsets can
be cut from the mother plant when dormant. I have also removed the offsets
when
they were still in leaf with no problems.  They do generate offsets freely,
which is
why I have over 400 in various sizes.  Mine bloom when they reach about 10 to
12
pounds.  I have some in full sun and some in full shade here in Pennsylvania
and all
seem to do well.  I am sure you will be getting more advise from other VooDoo
Lily people, so good luck.

Bob