Re: Alocasia ID? Or Xanthosoma?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia ID? Or Xanthosoma?
  • From: "Dany Hervelle" <bs246466@skynet.be>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 22:05:39 -0600 (CST)

I am from Belgium and the alocasia that your are talking about seem for me
alocasia odorata.Here,there are only a few alocasia that are avalable and a
odorata is one of the more commun because it made great plants.A macrorhyza
is an other but after
see your photographs,i think it is the first. Please note that there are
also a lot of hybrid between a odora,a macrorhyza and a alba that have the
same shape.But i am only a collector so it is just a
suggestion!Probably Dr Alistair Hay may help you with more certitude.
Like i 'm here,can i wonder to everyone if someone can help me to have
source for an other alocasia species,alocasia 'samar'
It 's a little growin species that was avalable some years ago in the USA
apparently not now.I had the plant in the past and i have lost it.Maybe
someone have the plant and may sold me a corm or a little plant.