List Server Back Up and Other News

Aroiders,

The list server is back up after a nine or ten day hiatus. Initially we had
a server failure which took the list down. When bringing the server back up
it was discovered that the Aroid-L subscriber list had approximately 80% of
its subscribers deleted, so our subscriber list had to be rebuilt.

The new subscriber list was based upon a version of the list in mid-December.
If you unsubscribed since that time you will have to unsubscribe again. (Unfortunately,
new subscribers in the last half of December through January 10 will not see
this message. If any of you presently on the list know of new subscribers in
this period please let them know that they must subscribe again.)

When the server was brought back to life, several messages were destroyed before
we realized that the subscriber list had been damaged. If you posted a message
to the list after January 10 and you have not seen it posted, please resend
it.

An additional reminder: Steve Marak and I no longer have the ability to edit
messages sent with html. Please do not send html to the list. The server may
bounce those messages, but if it does not, all those subscribers with plain
text email clients will have to wade through your message trying to decipher
them.

Last bit of news, this time good:
Our old blank message problem has been solved. No one should be receiving blank
messages. If you do receive one, please let me know immediately.

Don