Re: Dracunculus canariensis

Howdy All (again),

Thank you Rob for this email (I've responded to you directly as well).

Now........ The reason I ask all of this is that a Friend of mine purchased
from South Australia a white Dracunculus sold as Canariensis.  She has
spoken with the seller and he says it IS D. canariensis (and is white with
a greenish spadix) and that the lemon yellow one is something else,
something called D. creticum or something like that (she wasn't sure
exactly what he called it).  It is quite possible that he is even on this
list as he collects aroids.  If so, Hello!!!

So...... I'm confused (it doesn't take much).  Are there definitely only
two species?  Are there others that are closely allied (like Helicodicerus
muscivorus used to be D. muscivorus) that may not be Dracunculus but are
something else with similar appearance.

You people are the only reference I have to find out about this, so I hope
no-one minds me asking.  Again I thank Rob for getting back to me.  Any
information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, plus
just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!