[aroid-l] Xanthosoma "roseum"

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Xanthosoma "roseum"
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:59:22 +0000

Dear Susan,

The only species that fits this description is Xanthosoma robustum, that is, in my opinion, a synonim of Xanthosoma roseum. It ranges from Mexico to Guatemala and probably even more to the south. It is widely available in Florida as Xanthosoma sagittifolium ("malanga-blanca")!!!! In fact, I wasn´t able to find a real Xanthosoma sagittifolium growing in Florida!!!

Very best wishes,