Re: [aroid-l] Xanthosoma "roseum"

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Xanthosoma "roseum"
  • From: Tom Croat Thomas.Croat@mobot.org
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:38:53 -0600

Dear Eduardo:

	I have finally concluded that Xanthosoma robustum is widespread in
Mexico.  I am treating it in my Flora del Bajia which is an area made up
partly of Colima, Guerrero and Michacan.  It also ranges into Guatemala (and
probably all the way to Costa Rica according to Mike Grayum).
Are you saying that X. roseum is an older name and that it should take
precedence?  We have material in our herbarium called X. roseum cultivated
in Hawaii which is not the same species (though I am uncertain of the
correctness of the determination).

Tom