Re: [aroid-l] A. spruceanum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. spruceanum
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid (prive)" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:32:02 +0100

Hi Rand,

This is a bit of a puzzling message: if A. stands for Amorphophallus, then
there's something wrong with the name because Amorphophallus spruceanum
doesn't exist. I did also send Dracontium spruceanum to some of you but
that's hardly an Amorph and Dracontiums do NOT make foliar bulbils, although
they DO develop swollen joints in the leaves to some degree.

Cheerio,
Wilbert