[aroid-l] Sir Lanka

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Sir Lanka
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 02:10:53 -0500

Here are the aroids growing in Sir Lanka

Alocasia
Amorphophallus
arisaema
Colocasia
Cryptocoryne
Epipremnum
Langenandra
Lasia
Pistia
Pothos
Remusatia
Rhaphidophora
Scindapsus
Theriphonum
Typhonium

I got this list from the great book THE GENERA OF ARACEAE. Unfortunately I do not know the exact areas were these are found at. Best to describe to him what it is he is after. My web site and Alan Galloways should be good reference for that. If possible some of those aquatics are hard to find and new alocasias are always welcome back here. The Theriphonum I have never heard before. Looks like I will have to do some digging to find out more on that. THANKS