Re: [Aroid-l] A couple of questions about a few Homalomenas

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] A couple of questions about a few Homalomenas
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:33:52 EST

Peter,  thanks.
I was under the impression Purple Sword was a hybrid by John Banta but I could be wrong.  It looks alot like Schismattoglottis concinna illustrated on Aroideana Vol. 5, No. 2,  April 1982 except that the undersides of the leaves are a deep maroon.

I dont understand why we dont have more Schismattoglottis and Homalomena species avialable since their beauty rivals just about any of the common houseplants out their...especially with their wide range of markings and variegation.  I know a few dealers out their sell some nice ones...especially Asiatica...but I think they need to be a little more common since they are really not that hard to grow given a little warmth and humidity.
Thanks again!
Michael