Re: [Aroid-l] A couple of questions about a few Homalomenas

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] A couple of questions about a few Homalomenas
  • From: "Peter Boyce" botanist@malesiana.com
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:53:54 +0800

Hi Michael
You could well be correct about 'Purple Sword' - all I was saying was that the plant we have, which if itself a commercial purchase - is a Schismat.
I agree with you 100% about Schismat. and Homalomena being a rival for most foligage plants. Anothe thing we've found is that they are both a whole lot less twitchy than Alocasia.
The good news (well, we hope it's good news!) is that we've got several Schismats in the lab. now and several more in the process of beng introduced. All being well we'll be offering the first of these towards the end of '06.
We're also in the process of introducing several Homalomena including the extraordinary H. havilandii.