[Aroid-l] many questions

Dear All,
I received Deni's book, and well, I 've got plenty of questions.
How shall I grow Lysichiton, cause I killed 5 yet. They were sold in 9 cm pots, and leaves turned yellow in mid summer. I gave them iron but it did not too much harm to the problem. I re something about their rhizomes. Do they have horizontally and vertically growing rhizomes? It is just hard to visualize...
Are they marsh plants, year round covered with a bit water, or for damp forests or in spring coverd with water than dries up in summer. To they like sunshine?
What is the differnce between tubers and rhizomes?
-My opinion is that rizomes have got roots year round no matter what's the climate. I mean Arum italicum has got rhizome like tubers, but it must be tuber, because it lost the roots in july here. Am I right?
Contractile roots: If a tuber is planted too deep will it pres the tuber higher?
Do we have an aroid seed and aerial tuber or tubercle exchanage here?
Well I'm actually just started to read the book, but it is well worth to buy...
Aroid-l mailing list