Re: self heading Philodendron ID

  • Subject: Re: self heading Philodendron ID
  • From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 06:45:31 -0800 (PST)

Its definitely not P. xanadu. These plants are 5-6 ft.
tall. The leaves are 2-3 ft. long.

Eric
Orlando, FL

Xanadu gone wild !   No way is that Xanadu. I think it
resembles somewhat P. x evansii, an invalid name that
might better be written P. 'Evansii'.  This is much
seen in older Miami gardens, but the one in the photo
seems more compact and in some way different.

John.