Anthurium spoon leaf .. [was whitelockii thread ]

  • Subject: Anthurium spoon leaf .. [was whitelockii thread ]
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:03:28 +1000

Here are some pics of an unusual Anthurium spp. I am growing .
The stem creeps along the ground and branches.
Infloresence is much taller than foliage , I missed the spathe .
Leaves are approx 30 cms long on petioles about the same length.
I halved the picture size , but can post larger ones on my picasa later .
Any ideas of name for this sp. ? It is not common and may have been introduced into Aus.
 by David Burnett during the big Aroid Show in the '80s.
Or brought in by some Orchid growers .

Michael Pascall,

Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!