Re: aroid recommendations

  • Subject: Re: aroid recommendations
  • From: Don Martinson <LLmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:38:09 -0600

It would be great if you could be fortunate enough to find a source for
Anthurium trinerve.  While I grew it, it always seems to be in bloom,
remained very compact and consistently set the most attractive light purple

Best photo I can find is:

This photo does not show the mature purple fruit, but here is one that does:

http://home.rr.com/abycats  (this is from one of my own plants while I grew

I would love to find a plant or seed for myself!

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On 1/8/09 1:50 PM, "Carol McCarthy" <Carol.McCarthy@mail.wvu.edu> wrote:

> Hello Good People,
>      I work at a university greenhouse that supports, among other things, the
> teaching of a plant taxonomy class.  Can you please recommend some species in
> the Araceae family that I could grow for the class?
> Requirements:  1) Tropical or subtropical, a year round greenhouse grower.
> 2) Can be kept to about a 6 inch pot size or smaller and be a blooming size
> plant.  3) Ideally the plant would bloom fairly often or could be convinced to
> bloom around the second half of September in a greenhouse in the USA, West
> Virginia. 4) flower structure, fairly typical spathe and spadix.

Aroid-L mailing list