Re: aroid recommendations

There are several easy to grow Anthurium species that are regular bloomers
and self-pollinate as well, so after a while you start to have fruits
showing as well. They would do better in hanging baskets - do you have
that possibility? I can send you seed of both once the weather warms a
A slightly different flower type for the family is to be found in the
genus Spathicarpa, with two species that are pretty commonly grown, S.
sagittifolia and S. hastifolia. Either of these would also be good to
have, although they are more seasonal bloomers - but they certainly can
grow/bloom in small pots. Some of the smaller growing Spathiphyllum
species and cultivars would also be good possibilities.

Let me know if you're interested in the Anthurium species.

Jonathan Ertelt
Greenhouse Manager, Vanderbilt University