aroid recommendations

  • Subject: aroid recommendations
  • From: Tindomul Er-Murazor <tindomul1of9@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:40:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am a lab tech at Queens College, and one of the labs I look after is the Botany lab.  In this lab, I grow Anthurium gracile which is a constant bloomer with lots of red seed production.  A nice show.  I have also started getting some blooms of A. scandens.<--Spelling.  This species is supposed to be a nice bloomer too with nicer fruit.
I also have a species formerly known as Typhonium varians, which I have heard has a new name.  I got it from T&C Terrariums online.
I do have one question for you.  Do you supply any arteficial lighting, and if so, where does your college get them from. I am trying to retrofit the lab here with some nicer lights than your average T8's.
Also, I am experimenting with growing some jack in the pulpits indoors.  So far I have succeeded with attaining a second year growth.  However, both the Typonium and this one would be Spring bloomers.