Philodendron corrugatum??

As some of you know, I have asked several times on Aroid l about Philodendron corrugatum from Columbia.  I find this plant intriguing and have been taking good closeup shots to document the features.   Dr. Croat does not believe P. corrugatum is found in Ecuador and is working on the description but as yet the plant is not a published species.  However, Tom has published some of his field notes on TROPICOS and in private email he has explained there are other species in  this complex.  According to Tom's notes the species appears to be found only in the western part of Colombia from just beneath the border with Panama down to near Ecuador.   I have been doing macro photography of my specimen which was acquired from Ecuagenera and at least appears to be P. corrugatum but upon close examination I find characteristics that I do not find in Tom's notes.  I'm posting my note to Tom this morning along with the photo of the petiole and abaxial surface (underside) of the specimen.

If any of you have acquired a specimen tagged as Philodendron corrugatum from Ecuagenera would you get a good magnifying glass and take a look at the top of the petiole as well as the upper ribs on the underside along with the midrib and tell me what you see?

Here's my note to Tom:

Tom, after reading all your published notes on Philodendron corrugatum on TROPICOS I am now concerned my plant may not be P. corrugatum.  When I did macro photos of the plant today I quickly realized the top of the petioles, the upper abaxial surface of the mid rib and portions of upper ribs possess pubescence.  The petioles are also canaliculate rather than terete.  However, the petioles do possess the broken up striation on the petiole you described.  The photo attached shows the pubescence.  Any ideas?

Thanks to all of you for any help!

Steve Lucas

GIF image

fn:Steve  Lucas