Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms

  • Subject: Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms
  • From: "Walter Turner" <wvturner@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 21:48:22 +0100

Beth, since you obviously have experience in doing this with epoxy resin, I have to admit it can work. Something bothers me, though.

The inflorescences are still fresh and full of water/plasma. Once sealed, they can't dry out. Or can they? Don't the enzymes keep on working, the bacteria keep on eating? Or are the bacteria killed by the epoxy? How long can the inflorescence keep its appearance?

Do you have any photos of things you've done?

I hope Chris will give us a running account of how his attempts are progressing.

Walter Turner