Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms

  • Subject: Re: Off the wall question from a newbie. preserving the blooms
  • From: hermine <hermine@endangeredspecies.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:58:59 -0800

At 12:48 PM 1/16/2009, you wrote:

Beth, since you obviously have experience in doing this with epoxy resin, I have to admit it can work. Something bothers me, though.

The inflorescences are still fresh and full of water/plasma. Once sealed, they can't dry out. Or can they? Don't the enzymes keep on working, the bacteria keep on eating? Or are the bacteria killed by the epoxy? How long can the inflorescence keep its appearance?

I was thinking that this is like preserving a peach or similar in epoxy or equal. won't the process of decay, some of then aerobic, continue even tho  the thing is utterly airtight (there being no such thing even if something is encased in a glass bubble.....

So i would imagine that sooner or later this is going to turn some truly glrubrnghfnfyhghy  shade of brown. i would photo-document the  object against the time when it gets NASTY.

Aroid-L mailing list