Interest in aroids

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing the traffic for my Exotic Rainforest site in 2009.   Since the site went on-line on December 5, 2005 I've had a total of 1,131,203 hits but 480,606 of those came in 2009.    Since 95% or more of my pages are aroid related that tells me lots of people around the world are interested in aroids!  It also tells me we need to do a lot more work on forming International Aroid Society chapters in Europe and Asia since there is a high interest in that part of the world.  The map shows the visitors to the site in approximately the last six hours and yesterday was a very slow day!

I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate all the help!  I have at least 50 aroid species I want to add to the site this year so maybe we'll see even more hits which will lead to at least a few more IAS members!

For those of you reading this on Aroid l that have not considered joining the IAS please consider doing so today!  I've met more great friends as a result of the International Aroid Society than at any other time in my nearly 64 years of life!

If you will be anywhere near the St. Louis, MO area the weekend of April 24, 2010 please join us at the Missouri Botanical Garden for the MidAmerica IAS chapter meeting!  You don't have to be a member of the IAS to attend but you'll see lots of great aroids!

Thanks for your friendships and all the input!

JPEG image

JPEG image

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list