Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!

  • Subject: Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!
  • From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum@googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:52:00 +0800

The point about convolute is that the next leaf in the module is enclosed within the current leaf. In aroids all except Lagenandra, the pachyneurium Anthurium, and Amorphophallus (all of which are involute) are convolute, with the individual leaves supervolute. See Stearn, Bot. Latin 343-344, Fig. 29 368 & 369.