Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus

  • Subject: Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:32:52 -0600

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Synandrospadix vermitoxicus
I also live in Zone 5 (SE Wisconsin).  I have always kept my Synandrospadix stored potted and very dry over the winter in a cool (60F/16C) bedroom.  The tuber sits about 2.5 inches below soil level.  I have only unpotted it once in the past ten years, and that is when for some unknown reason, the tuber, which had already bloomed once for me, “decided” to split in two.  I sold off one of the resulting, smaller tuber and the one I kept is finally reaching blooming size again.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin