Re : Thirst for Knowledge

Dear All,

Some of you will already know me but for those who don't, my name is
Kerry Taylor and I am the student currently working for Peter Boyce at the Royal
Botanic Gardens, Kew.

I am at Kew for a year and my main project  is the compilation of
an economic database for Araceae. So far I have found
uses for over two hundred species. This data has been found in
books, journals, papers etc. Some of you have been kind enough to
send me data via E-Mail, which brings me onto the reason for this
letter ! Is there anyone else out there with any information on the
economic uses of Araceae ? I am searching for more information on
food (Incl. animal foods) uses, social uses, medicinal uses (Incl.
use as a posion), environmental uses, material uses and horticultural uses.
If anyone has information that they think would help me, I would be really
grateful if they could send it to me via E-mail or snail mail.

My Snail mail address is :
Kerry Taylor,
Herbarium, Wing D,
Royal Botanic Gardens,