Re: Another Philodendron Translation?

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Don Burns wrote:

> How about 'Cow-Faced" Philidendron?  Anyone know what this is?
>
> Don

Dear Don,

I love these guessing games!

I've never heard that name before. But when I use my imagination, I think
it could be something like P. panduraeforme (H.B.K) Kunth from Venezuela.
Such species along with some of its hybrids are widely cultivated here in
Brazil and they share the vernacular name of Philodendron "cara-de-cavalo",
that can be translated as "horse-faced" Philodendron. It makes some sense to
me, but...

Hope it helps (even a litlle bit!)

Cheers,

Eduardo