Re: Helping beginners

At 03:27 PM 1/18/97 -0600, Rand Nicholson wrote:
>>On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Hermine Stover wrote:
>>> At 02:57 PM 1/15/97 -0600, Ellen Hornig wrote:
>>> >
>>> >A little stainless steel gizmo for pricking out seedlings (forget the
>>> >name, but it's great - could look it up)
>>> >
>>> The thing for picking out seedlings is called a "dibbler" or dibber in
>>> Great Britain. we call it the seedling-thing.
>>> Hermine
>>  Now I am forced to get scientific.  I have retrieved the object in
>>question, and the only information conveyed upon it in writing is that
>>it's a "stainless steel NIT PICKER" and "made in Canada".  No kidding.
>>If you ever see one, grab it.
>Yass ... We do have _enormous_ bugs up here and they drop their nits
>everywhere. We also refer to the famous Canadian "NIT PICKER" as a
>"backhoe" and use them in winter to dig up the vicious ice worms.
>Kidding (maybe)
OK I confess. what we use here at the nursery is you take a stick and shove
it into the automatic pencil sharpener left over from when you were
employed as an architect. or if it cloggs that device, an exacto whittles
it to a dull point. I don't think we call it anything. "gimme the thing" is
what we say when we need one.

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index