Re: Zamioculcas

The Zamioculcas are very tough plants.  I have the two forms
(subspecies?). and both have taken some abuse.  Phil Mueller had said
they were hardy in New Orleans (zone 9), but haven't tried them here in
Zone 8.  They can take very low temps, but freezing knocks them
dormant.  I have one in a semi-heated shed that got down to 33F and it
showed no problems.  So a window area should be fine, just don't expect
them to do too much growing in the winter.

I've sprouted a few by the leaves, but my experience is that they are
much slower to sprout then Gonatopsis leaves.  But certainly worth they
wait.

Tim Chapman
--
Timothy Chapman
6920 Bayou Paul Rd.

Tropical plant pages Aroids/Bananas/Calathea/Gingers/Heliconia at:
http://www.premier.net/~chapman/home.html