Re: "Opendoors"

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Timothy Chapman wrote:

> the Asashi Weekly Encyclopedia: "World of Plants"
> The plant series is almost over, and apparently most if not all families
> were covered.  I've just ordered the issues on gingers&calathea and
> Heliconia.  I think there are around 150 issues, or something like that.

	One of the speakers at the forthcoming Winter Study Weekend of
the North American Rock Garden Society in Ashland, Oregon, is John Erwin
who has been working for this magazine.  He is known as "The Siskiyou
Photographer", and has been photographing native plants for the last ten
years. (Information from the WSW brochure)