Amateur Taxonomist Needs to Know

When is it appropriate to capitalize the species name in the scientific
name of a plant?  I was just looking at a particular list of species and
found, for example:

ANTHURIUM candidum Bull
ANTHURIUM Candolleanum Sodiro

Until now I have always seen the species name not capitalized.  But here
we have both upper and lower cases.  I hope I am not fueling a debate
here, but certainly there must be a standard to follow.  I am working on
a prototype Anthurium web page, so I want to be certain it written in a
manner acceptable to the scientific community.

Don