RE: typhonium

Dear Tony,

It concerned Typhonium horsfieldii, which is mainly tropical. Certainly
not hardy when frosts are concerned. You may experiment with temperate
circumstances, which I have found are accepted by many Typhoniums. It is
a species with a high light-need or it gets leggy easily. Always be
careful with too much direct sunlight. I have also found that it doesn't
like to be kept dry OUT of the soil. Some clones have a tendency to stay
green during "resting", meaning a few leaves linger on while there is no
actual growth. Should not let such a plant dry out.

The species is one of the most widespread in Asia and has many
phenotypes, some very attractive.

Cheers,
Wilbert