IAS Website - Use of .PDF Files

I am considering the use of portable data format (pdf) files on the IAS
website for publishing certain kinds of documents. PDF files, readable
and printable with Adobe Acrobat on Mac, PC (Windows 9~, NT, 3.1), Unix and
even OS2 platforms, can be designed such that they will print in a normal
paper article format with page breaks, page numbers and embedded graphics.
Thus you could, if you so wished, download a file and print it in an article
or book-like format without having to alter the file to get what you wanted.

The use of these files is not yet very common on the web, but will become
so in time. PDF files have become quite common on company intranets already.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is available in your favorite flavor at
<www.adobe.com>.

For those of you familiar with PDF, I am interested in hearing comments,
pro and con, about its use. It seems to me to be an ideal format for web
publishing of scholarly papers, especially when graphics are involved.
Please send any comments to me at my MoBot address <burns@mobot.org>.

Don