Re: Philodendon question

Dear Anne:  I believe that P. melanochrysum is just the juvenile form of
P. hederaceum (which for some years went by the name P. scandens).  The
other two are subgenus Meconostigma and the seeds are likely to survive
dried out (at least Simon Mayo once sent me seeds of a Meconostigma
which were totally dry and they germinated well.
	Tom

--
Thomas B. Croat, Ph.D.
P.A. Schulz Curator of Botany